Joseph Tamale Mirundi has listed and exposed the top 6 Mafias in Uganda but the list has shocked many top officials.
Speaking to Isaac Katende aka Kasuku of Dembe FM and Spark TV, Tamale named his enemies which are mostly on the top ladders in State House and wondered why the six would unite to drag him down.
He revealed that it is the same enemies that had influenced his axing at State House as President Museveni’s spokesperson.
While speaking out on his suspended program on NBS TV, Mirundi said TV stations don’t make him.
“I am a brand with my own weight. I ride on my wisdom, not the brand of the TV. My wisdom and words make TV stations. If TV stations can’t give me time on the air, I will go to another one. I can go to a station that has never been listened to anyone and make it a power brand,” he says.
Mirundi says he is disappointed in Next Media CEO Kin Karisa for succumbing to the pressure of mafias. The political commentator says the mafias put 200M on the table for NBS to get rid of him.
He, however, says he is not sure whether Karisa took the money or not.
Mirundi says he was asked by Karisa to tone down his fire words towards some politicians which Mirundi said he cannot accept.
“If you build your brand as a hard-hitting you cannot change because the moment you change is when you fail,”
Mirundi says he will never return to NBS no matter the situation. “I will only return when they are announcing my death.
Full List of Mafia’s In Uganda
- 1. Lt. Co. Edith Nakalema – Head of Anti Corruption Unit in State House.
- 2. Andrew Mwenda – Journalist
- 3. Lt. Gen. Proscovia Nalweyiso – Presidential Adviser.
- 4. Frank Tumwebaze – Minister of Gender, Labour, and social development.
- 5. Robert Kabushenga –Vision Group Executive
- 6. Geoffrey Kulubya –Bukedde Newspaper Managing Director.
- 7. Dickson Kateshumbwa, Former Commissioner Domestic Taxes
- 8.Henry Saka – Former Commissioner Tax Investigations
- 9. Siraj Kanyesigye former Assistant Commissioner large taxpayers office